BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

vendredi 2 octobre 2009

Social Workers

I have a couple of friends who dream of one day becoming successful social workers. I think it’s a great career. In my experience, I’ve come across some really nosy workers. I am defiantly not saying all workers are the same, but there are exceptions. The other day my English teacher brought in a social worker. The things she was saying were of course informative, but I did catch her in telling us things that just didn’t fit. One being, about how self infliction is not in any way a form of suicide. Well, guess what I googled it and I did some research and yes, it is. I’m not one to say I know everything, but wouldn’t you be upset if she was giving you false information? I know that no one in this world is perfect, and that it takes a lot of courage to talk in front of classes. I just can’t stand them, especially now, knowing that since I am a teen mom I’m going to have regular visits to see “ how mommy and baby are holding up”. It’s insulting. It will be a struggle at first being a young mom but I most certainly don’t need social workers barging into my life at home.

2 commentaires:

Jessie K a dit…

I Deffinately agree, being a social worker, you have to know how to approach someone and when to. It seems clear and obvious when someone isn't in need of a social workers attention and at this time, they should know better than to force themselves into your life.

Mstl a dit…

You go girl!
I totaly agree on this. Those people are so annoying and need to back out of peoples life. You do need to sign papers too I've been TRIED to be forced to sign them before.