BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

lundi 21 septembre 2009

Teachers And Teen Pregnancy Don't Always Mix.


As you all know, I am 17 and pregnant in a French catholic high school. I was expecting school to be very stressful and hard, the students are relatively really supportive and friendly. They are always asking questions about my baby. It almost gives me a sense of relief to know I am accepted. On the other hand, teachers are not so understanding. It's really quite annoying actually. They look me up and down as if I were a piece of dirt. I can not say all teachers do this, because I have some really great teachers. The way I grew up in school is that, every student should feel safe and accepted. I can't remember reading in the code of conduct about treating pregnant teens like a piece of garbage. Imagine if I were to look at a teacher the way they look at me. I'd be suspended so fast my head would spin. I understand that having a baby is something so special and should be shared with your husband or wife, sadly reality isn't always so perfect. My parents weren't married when my sister and I were born. That doesn't mean they don't love us. If some teachers have such a big issue with students being pregnant, than maybe they shouldn't be teachers. Because I’m proud to attend school just the way I am. I'm not going to let you treat me any different.

1 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Well I must say you shouldn't feel like that because it doesn't mean anything that your pregnant just means you're having a child young, which is not a big deal many teens do it. Maybe teachers just don't know what to say or how to look, I'm sure they don't think you're trash. You know adults they don't alwasy know what to say, just keep you chin up high and concentrate on you and your baby and the people that are supporting you! Everything will be fine, no worries.:)